ROUZ JERBI روز جربي (DJERBIAN RICE)
Tunisian Rice Recipe
Basmati rice 250g
Carrot 1-2 diced
Onion 1 small diced (~100g)
Parsley 1 small bunch chopped
Fresh spinach 1 bunch chopped (~100g)
Garbanzo beans 100g soaked
Chicken 300g diced
Extra virgin olive oil 200ml
Harissa 2 tablespoons / Tomato paste 1 tablespoon (Depending on spice preference / availability)
Zonzon Tomato Sauce 8oz
1. Chop the onion, carrot, parsley, spinach, and chicken.
2. Prepare the couscoussier (couscous steamer) with water on the bottom part. Bring water to a boil to create steam for the top of the couscoussier.
3. Pour 250g of rice in a mixing bowl and add chopped ingredients.
4. Add your Extra virgin olive oil, Tunisian Tomato Sauce, Harissa and Garbanzo beans. Then mix all ingredients, until harmonious.
5. Scoop the mixed ingredients into the top portion of the couscoussier.
6. Cover and steam for 50 minutes.
7. Serve in bowls and dig in with your spoon!
TIP: This dish is extremely customizable - it can easily be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken and adding zucchini, potato, or any other in-season vegetables.